A persona represents your customer bias. It brings your customers’ pain points, needs, perspectives, and challenges altogether in the context of a character’s life. Some businesses have one Persona, and some have multiple.
Persona is one of the tools of design thinking.
In our project, Persona is the student; the teacher is the member of a Team.
We have designed a specific exercise combining different frameworks and methodologies.
The main aim of the exercise is people /students, teachers) that never worked together get to know each other.
The activity has six steps:
- Impromptu Networking (LS) to place questions that profile the person.
- Sketching the person using the concept of prototyping
- Researching how this person learns and more
- Understanding the system
- Set up the Gallery
- Debrief conclusions
The questions are pretty intense e.g
- What question in your life is currently unresolved?
- What is one belief you hold that, if it turned out not to be true, would render your work irrelevant?
It is a deep journey to profile the Persona.
One of the challenges of this exercise is that it works for adults 18+, but, with children, a new set of questions need to be developed.